Recipe by mahatfield
It's like eating a fluffy cloud. This was a first prize winner at a charity auction and contest in August 2007. [Note: When you beat the cream and chop the candy, the calories escape! Not sure if the calories are gone from the bags of bits since you did not use your own energy to chop the candy???]
- 6 egg whites
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 Heath candy bars or 2 (8 ounce) bags toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill the candy.
- Chill the bowl and beaters for the cream.
- Make 2 meringues.
- Beat 3 whites with 3/4 cup plus 2 T sugar for each one.
- Spread each meringue on waxed paper to make two 9" by 12" layers.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
- Remove paper and cool completely.
- Chop the bars to small bits.
- Beat the cream and vanilla.
- Make 2 layers.
- Place one meringue on serving tray.
- Spread half the whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle half the candy on top of the cream.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Chill overnight.
- Cut into 16 pieces.