Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
If you like Heath bars, you'll LOVE this fabulous, do-ahead dessert! An easy, impressive recipe with very little last minute preparation.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (Oreos has crumbs ready-made in a box, usually where graham cracker crumbs are located)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 12 Heath candy bars, refrigerated to harden (or more to taste!)
- 1⁄2 gallon of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix together the chocolate crumbs and the butter and pat onto the bottom of a 13X9X2 inch pan.
- Place in freezer to firm up while preparing filling.
- Remove Heath Bars from refrigerator and crush into smallish pieces.
- Soften ice cream and mix with the crushed candy bars.
- Carefully spread the ice cream over the crumb crust, cover with foil and freeze overnight.
- Sauce: In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring often.
- Add sugar and evaporated milk and cook until thickened,stirring, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve warm over squares of ice cream pie.
- Sauce can be made ahead.
- Refrigerate until needed and slowly warm again to serve.
- Note: This sauce keeps well, refrigerated, and is nice to have on hand for instant desserts.
Very good! I cheated and used a ready made chocolate crust...short on time! Next time, I'll do the homemade crust. Love the heath bars in the ice cream!