Leslie in Texas's Note:
If you like Heath bars, you'll LOVE this fabulous, do-ahead dessert! An easy, impressive recipe with very little last minute preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (Oreos has crumbs ready-made in a box, usually where graham cracker crumbs are located)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 12 Heath candy bars, refrigerated to harden (or more to taste!)
- 1/2 gallon of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1Mix together the chocolate crumbs and the butter and pat onto the bottom of a 13X9X2 inch pan.
- 2Place in freezer to firm up while preparing filling.
- 3Remove Heath Bars from refrigerator and crush into smallish pieces.
- 4Soften ice cream and mix with the crushed candy bars.
- 5Carefully spread the ice cream over the crumb crust, cover with foil and freeze overnight.
- 6Sauce: In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring often.
- 7Add sugar and evaporated milk and cook until thickened,stirring, about 8 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 9Serve warm over squares of ice cream pie.
- 10Sauce can be made ahead.
- 11Refrigerate until needed and slowly warm again to serve.
- 12Note: This sauce keeps well, refrigerated, and is nice to have on hand for instant desserts.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heath Bar Ice Cream Pie With Hot Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.8
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 384.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 82.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g