Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Decadent and delicious, this recipe comes from a Herberger's cookbook. My favorite homemade cheesecake.
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened (I use butter)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 (1 1/4 ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crust ingredients; press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of 9" springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Spoon half of filling over prepared crust. Sprinkle half of Heath bars over filling; cover with remaining filling.
- Bake one hour our until cheesecake is just firm when pan is tapped gently. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle remaining Heath bars over top.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Was delicious , but had to cook about 10 min. Longer.