Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Like the candy bars you buy only better. A real buttery English toffee taste.
- Mix sugar, butter, and 1/2 cup nuts in a medium iron skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat.
- Mixture will become light brown, smell caramelized, and spoon tracks will show as you stir.
- Cook until it reaches the hard crack stage when dropped in cold water (300 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Unwrap Hershey's Bars and place on hot candy - then spread it all over as it melts a bit.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Let cool completely then break into pieces.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Was very good but I used 1 11.5 oz package of Milk Chocolate chips instead of the Hershey Bars. I used a medium pan and the candy did not fill up the pan but that was ok.
I LOVE heath bars...let me start with that. I had a few problems with this recipe. It didn't say what size baking sheet to use so I used my medium size one...should have used small as it didn't use all of the space. Next, all of the butter would not blend so I have a puddle of butter in the corner of my pan. It's kind of oily.Lastly,my chocolate won't get hard. It's still gooey and I made it 6 hours ago. I used parchment paper on my sheet to lift it off of the pan easily.I followed the recipe perfectly but it just didn't work for me. Thanks for the try.