If you're in the mood for something really rich and sweet, look no further.
Make and share this Heath Bar Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (I like Smuckers)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 3 -4 Heath candy bars, chopped
- Bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- While still hot, punch holes in top of cake with a skewer or large fork.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping over hot cake.
- Let cake cool.
- Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle chopped Heath bars over all.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
So good.... don't look at the calorie count! Worth every bite! I had this at a party and people were coming back for seconds and thirds.
Family favorite. Usually reserved for special occasions because I could eat several pieces. And its too rich for that!!!
Loved it. I took it to my bookgroup and they all wanted the recipe.