Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was the cake we always had for birthdays when I was growing up. It has a rich chocolate whip cream frosting that has cracked up Heath Bars in it swirled on an Angel Food Cake. Don't skimp and use Cool Whip. The taste is not the same. This may be tons of calories, but after you try it, you will agree it is well worth it! Using a store bought Angel Food Cake makes this cake quick and easy, but if you can bake a good and pretty home made cake, nothing beats the flavor! The cooking time listed is only if you bake your own cake. I'd love to hear if your family loves it like mine does!
- 1 round angel food cake (Either store bought cake or make your own home made cake recipe.)
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped to peaks
- hot fudge topping, 16 oz. (to taste)
- 6 Heath candy bars, cracked up into bite size pieces
- Brush excess crumbs off of the cake before frosting. (If you are in a hurry, using a store bought cake cuts the baking of this cake to 0, thus the cooking time is not necessarily accurate if you do not bake one).
- Whip the cream until it forms peaks that stand up.
- FOLD in the hot fudge topping, and cracked Heath Bars.
- Frost the Angel Food Cake with the above topping, including the inner circle.
- Refrigerate several hours to let it set.
Highly recommend this dessert for ease and taste. Have had it in my files for years and still very popular. It is definitely better made with your own angel food cake or a mix - most store bought do not do it justice. This is a P.S. because I forgot to mention a slight variation of this recipe. Sometimes I add 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg to the angel food mix - this was actually included in the original recipe I have. Very good........
So amazing and so easy!