This was the cake we always had for birthdays when I was growing up. It has a rich chocolate whip cream frosting that has cracked up Heath Bars in it swirled on an Angel Food Cake. Don't skimp and use Cool Whip. The taste is not the same. This may be tons of calories, but after you try it, you will agree it is well worth it! Using a store bought Angel Food Cake makes this cake quick and easy, but if you can bake a good and pretty home made cake, nothing beats the flavor! The cooking time listed is only if you bake your own cake. I'd love to hear if your family loves it like mine does!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 round angel food cake (Either store bought cake or make your own home made cake recipe.)
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped to peaks
- hot fudge topping, 16 oz. (to taste)
- 6 Heath candy bars, cracked up into bite size pieces
- 1Brush excess crumbs off of the cake before frosting. (If you are in a hurry, using a store bought cake cuts the baking of this cake to 0, thus the cooking time is not necessarily accurate if you do not bake one).
- 2Whip the cream until it forms peaks that stand up.
- 3FOLD in the hot fudge topping, and cracked Heath Bars.
- 4Frost the Angel Food Cake with the above topping, including the inner circle.
- 5Refrigerate several hours to let it set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heath Bar Angel Food Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g