1/1 Photo of Hearty Western Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Fix it and Forget It Cookbook. As written, it would not have turned out! For starters, 1hour on low did nothing to heat it. Second, it barely made 4 servings, so be warned. Third, you had way more biscuits than actual servings. But the flavor mix had potential, so that's why I'm posting it. I'd recommend playing with ingredient amounts and varied seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 16 ounces whole corn, drained
- 16 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup colby cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1Combine browned beef, corn, beans, soup, cheese, milk, onion, and chili powder in slow cooker.
- 2Cover. Cook on Low 1 hour (Cook actually on High, check now and then).
- 3While cooking, preheat oven according to biscuit directions.
- 4Dip biscuits in margarine then roll in cormeal.
- 5Bake up to 20 minutes, checking frequently, until browned slightly.
- 6Tear biscuits into pieces, top over bowls of casserole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Western Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.5
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 1576.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 48.2 g