Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from the Fix it and Forget It Cookbook. As written, it would not have turned out! For starters, 1hour on low did nothing to heat it. Second, it barely made 4 servings, so be warned. Third, you had way more biscuits than actual servings. But the flavor mix had potential, so that's why I'm posting it. I'd recommend playing with ingredient amounts and varied seasonings.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 16 ounces whole corn, drained
- 16 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup colby cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- Combine browned beef, corn, beans, soup, cheese, milk, onion, and chili powder in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 1 hour (Cook actually on High, check now and then).
- While cooking, preheat oven according to biscuit directions.
- Dip biscuits in margarine then roll in cormeal.
- Bake up to 20 minutes, checking frequently, until browned slightly.
- Tear biscuits into pieces, top over bowls of casserole.