I was desperately craving for a delicious hearty soup to warm me inside out and so I decided to make this easy veggie soup which is just perfect for a snowy day! I guarantee you that you’ll love it!
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 big onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery root, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can , peeled chopped tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dry mixed vegetables (I used my homemade mix, you can find it here , but you can use any healthy, monoglutamate free, vegg)
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in medium pot.
- Add diced onion and sauté until golden.
- Fill two thirds of the pot with water. (6-8 cups of water).
- Add condiments: salt, pepper, dry parsley, veggie mix.
- Add sliced carrots, diced celery root, red bell pepper and peas.
- Let it boil until all veggies are tender. (about half an hour).
- Add chopped tomatoes, sliced garlic and celery leaves.
- Let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley on top. (Unfortunately I didn’t have any -- ).