Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These delicious veggie sandwiches make you forget that there is no meat on them! However, my husband, being the hardcore meat and potatoes man that he is, likes to add a few thin slices of lean ham to his.
- 8 slices hearty whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, partially skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips (any color)
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce or 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 4 slices muenster cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 sprig fresh dill, chopped or 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- Layer veggies onto four slices of bread in this order: Cheese (if desired), lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, bell pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of dill mayo on other 4 slices of bread.
- Place on top of veggie-stacked slices.
The dill-mayo makes this sandwich special, and it's quick to prepare. The quality of bread also enhances it - Winter Wheat (Pepperdige Farm? Not sure) loaded with sunflower seeds & more makes this a really FILLING sandwich. Great idea!
Great sandwich! I made this on homemade herb bread with dried dill and took it with me to work. Thanks for the recipe.