These delicious veggie sandwiches make you forget that there is no meat on them! However, my husband, being the hardcore meat and potatoes man that he is, likes to add a few thin slices of lean ham to his.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices hearty whole wheat bread
- 1/2 medium cucumber, partially skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips (any color)
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce or 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 4 slices muenster cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 sprig fresh dill, chopped or 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1Layer veggies onto four slices of bread in this order: Cheese (if desired), lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, bell pepper.
- 2Spread a thin layer of dill mayo on other 4 slices of bread.
- 3Place on top of veggie-stacked slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches!
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 425.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g