Recipe by Elise and family
A family favourite for hot summer days. We love the avocado, tomato, cheese, peppers, and fresh herbs (when we can find them!).
Top Review by McBeanbean
An absolutely delicious salad! I made it yesterday for a 4th of July picnic, and my family loved it. The oil and seasonings added a light flavoring, allowing most of the taste to come from the fresh veggies and pasta. I chose to use fresh basil leaves and elbow macaroni, and I swapped the avocado for a cucumber and included a small can of sliced black olives with jalapeno peppers. I also used pepper jack cheddar cheese, which added a delightful spiciness to the salad. Thanks for sharing this recipe; I will use it again!
- 4 cups rotini pasta (tricolor or regular)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white cheddar cheese, in small cubes
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill, dried, to taste or 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh herbs and chili peppers. Let stand.
- Peel and dice avocado (scoop out small pieces if it's too ripe to chop). Prepare tomato, cheese and peppers.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing, and mix well to coat. Serve and enjoy!
- * For a more tangy dressing, add balsamic vinegar to the dressing mixture and blend.