3 hrs 30 mins
Cathie, Chef #533286's Note:
This soup makes great use of a leftover ham bone. It is relatively light and is a great starter or makes a meal with a nice salad and fresh bread. It is basically a mish mash of other recipes and uses up a lot of bits and pieces of leftover vegies in the fridge. I made it for my family of 3 and it was gone in 2 days! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add ham to water in large dutch oven or stock pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or so.
- 3Remove ham from water and put water in fridge until cooled completely. Pick and chop any meat from bone to add to soup.
- 4Gently remove hardened fat from top of broth with a slotted spoon and discard fat.
- 5Add chopped vegetables, tomatoes and garlic to broth and bring to a boil, simmer for about 20 minute
- 6Add chopped meat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 7Taste broth, and add chicken soup base to your desired taste.
- 8Add more water and soup base as needed.
- 9You can also add a can of kidney or other type of beans and/or 2 cups of kernel corn, green or yellow beans or diced potatoes if you desire.
- 10This recipe is very versatile and you can add in whatever you personally like in the way of vegetables.
- 11You can even leave out the ham and use chicken, beef or vegetable soup base.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetable Soup With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (4144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: