Recipe by Chefiebig
Feeds a crowd. Easy to put a batch on in the morning and have a crowd in for lunch. Crusty bread and salad and you have lunch. Hot and healthy.
- 8 cups water (or chicken stock if not making vegetarian)
- 1 tablespoon salt (omit if using canned stock)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 2 large red potatoes, diced (do not have to peel)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (can substitute 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups small shell pasta, shapes (eg. small shells, orzo, macaroni)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Add salt, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes and garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add green beans, corn, potatoes, parsley and tomato paste.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- In salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to soup.