Recipe by Nan R.
This recipe I concocted while chatting on the phone with a friend. Really not paying much attention to proportions, just adding a little of this and that. Well it tasted so good that I figured I'd better put pen to paper and write the ingredients down before I forgot. It is so unbelievably simple to make and is great comfort food. I also added 1/2 can of leftover corn and shredded sharp cheddar cheese as seen in photo.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils
- 1 (15 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 -2 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 dried red pepper, hot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small potatoes, large dice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT POTATOES to a medium pot.
- You may add a little water if you like more broth.
- Bring to a boil then let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, continue to simmer on med low for another.
- 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.