1/1 Photo of Hearty Vegetable Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Nan R.'s Note:
This recipe I concocted while chatting on the phone with a friend. Really not paying much attention to proportions, just adding a little of this and that. Well it tasted so good that I figured I'd better put pen to paper and write the ingredients down before I forgot. It is so unbelievably simple to make and is great comfort food. I also added 1/2 can of leftover corn and shredded sharp cheddar cheese as seen in photo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all ingredients EXCEPT POTATOES to a medium pot.
- 2You may add a little water if you like more broth.
- 3Bring to a boil then let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add potatoes, continue to simmer on med low for another.
- 515 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried red peppers