Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love this with a grilled cheese and onion sandwich on a rainy day.
- 1 package frozen corn
- 1⁄2 package frozen French style green bean
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup dried kidney beans (2/3 c. cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup dried garbanzo beans (1 c. cooked)
- 1 can whole tomato, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3 cups water
- Combine all ingredients and cover.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 hours adding more water if needed.
- Refrigerate 24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Reheat before serving.