1/1 Photo of Hearty Vegetable Soup
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This soup is great for this time of year as the vegetables are new and have such a great taste and flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped small
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed 3/8 inch
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup cauliflower floret
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock base or 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1In a large saucepan or cooking pot, add olive oil and butter and heat on medium-high.
- 2Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, tomatoes including liquid and continue to cook on medium-high heat for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4Add vegetable or chicken broth, potatoes and carrots and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add cauliflower, celery, water, vegetable soup base and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 6Add red pepper, petite baby peas, dill weed, seasoning salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 7Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 8Serve soup hot.
- 9Refrigerate any unused portions.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: