Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fabulous, warming, hearty vegan main dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in flourettes
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed, cut in strips
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute onion until lightly browned.
- Add sweet potato and cauliflower and cook until slightly softened.
- Add curry powder and stir 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup broth,.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne to pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Stir occasionally 15-17 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and chard. Stir until chard is wilted.
- Serve with rice.