1/1 Photo of Hearty Vegetable Bean Fagioli
Miss Annie in Indy's Note:
Re-vamped from other fagioli recipes to suit my dietary needs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, red (I don't drain you may need to if you're salt sensitive)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth (nonfat)
- 2 cups tomato juice (V-8 hot & spicy)
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Frank's) (optional)
- 1BE FORWARNED: I like spicy, if you don't you may either want to skip the tomatoes with chiles and use just 2 cans of diced tomatoes OR omit the hot sauce. OR BOTH!
- 2Prepare vegetables add to large pot.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- 5I personally think this is better if the vegetables are a little under done and with a little crunch left.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Vegetable Bean Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 882.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g