Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Re-vamped from other fagioli recipes to suit my dietary needs.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, red (I don't drain you may need to if you're salt sensitive)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth (nonfat)
- 2 cups tomato juice (V-8 hot & spicy)
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Frank's) (optional)
- BE FORWARNED: I like spicy, if you don't you may either want to skip the tomatoes with chiles and use just 2 cans of diced tomatoes OR omit the hot sauce. OR BOTH!
- Prepare vegetables add to large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- I personally think this is better if the vegetables are a little under done and with a little crunch left.
Very easy and very good. I used reduced sodium beef broth because I knew the kidney beans and V8 would have some salt content. It turned out great and tasted like I spend a LOT more time on it than I did. Reviewed for PAC Spring 08
This a very easy and tasty recipe to prepare. My DH and I really enjoyed it. We had again for lunch. Thanks for sharing such a yummy soup.