Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was wanting a comfort food without spending a lot of time preparing it, and this is what I came up with. Please feel free to change the amounts of spices and seasonings to suit your own tastes. If your potatoes are too large cut them into quarters. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 17th,2207
- 1 lb new potato, washed and cut in half
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into medium thick rings
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots or 2 large carrots, cut into medium bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except smoked sausage in a large zipper type plastic bag,mixing well.
- Place ingredients from bag into prepared pan,bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add sausage to vegetables mixing well (if desired at this point feel free to add more seasonings).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden browned.
This was so comforting!! I have made just the vegies like that for dinner many times, but never put the meat with it.What a great idea to get it all done at once!! I have also done somehting similar using potatoes, green beans, onion and the sausage and made it on the stove which the kids like also!! Thank you for the new idea!!
This was awesome! I made Ramen Noodle Cole Slaw to go along with it. (There are about 1000 recipes for that on here -- also known as Oriental Cole Slaw -- so I'll spare the bandwidth my version.) My 11yo son even took it for lunch a couple days. Really good! Thank you! I'm making it again this week!