1/5 Photos of Hearty Tuscan White Bean Soup
Shana C's Note:
This is a really easy Tuscan style white bean and spinach soup. I prefer it meatless, but mini meatballs can be added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, any variety
- 1 (10 ounce) packaged frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup macaroni, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, and or pecorino romano cheese, to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a 4 quart soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and thyme and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and bay leaf.
- 4Drain the beans and roughly mash 1/2 a can of beans. Add the beans and mashed beans to the pot.
- 5Squeeze the water from the thawed spinach and add to the pot.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and simmer for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- 7Add the macaroni and cook until tender according to package directions. (About 10 minutes.).
- 8Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan and/or pecorino romano.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tuscan White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 725.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g