Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
With left over turkey from Thanksgiving what better way to use the leftovers. You can use diced tomatoes in place of the can and pretty much whatever vegetables you have or substitute where necessary. For the canned tomatoes I used diced with oil and garlic and only used 1 clove of fresh garlic. You can add more vegetables or turkey to suit your taste. Use at least a 5 quart or larger Dutch oven or pot. I didn't measure the parsley when I added it so it's an approximation. For the stock I used Kittencal's Kittencal's Homemade Deep Rich Turkey Stock/Broth. I made this late at night and the family decided to have a bowl for a bed time snack at 11:15 pm.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup potato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 12 -13 cups turkey stock
- 2 -3 cups turkey, chopped
- 14 ounces tomatoes, canned dice
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté celery, onions, garlic and carrots in oil until tender about 5 minutes on medium low.
- Add squash, potatoes, tomatoes, and zucchini and cook about 3 - 5 minute.
- Add turkey stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add turkey meat and corn and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add green peas and parsley to taste.