Recipe by wendwoo
It's taken me a few years to perfect this recipe and it's a winner with the family.
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped (red or spanish)
- 3 -5 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped finely (keep seeds for extra hotness)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 (1 lb) packages ground turkey, browned
- 3 (6 ounce) cans kidney beans (use whatever beans you like)
- 0.75 (6 ounce) can black olives
- 10 tomatoes, on the vine chopped roughly
- 8 plum tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 3 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can corn (optional) or 1⁄2 cup frozen corn (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (only to start, add more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (only to start, add more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In soup pot, heat olive oil over over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ½ of the cilantro and cook, stirring all the time, for about 6 minutes.
- In the meantime brown the turkey on the stove. Set aside.
- Add all the tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- Add turkey, peppers, olives, and corn and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add beans and remaining cilantro.
- Continuing stirring occasionally for 1 hour. Add extra spices, salt, and pepper to taste.
- * Top with some grated cheddar cheese and dollop of sour cream.