Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's simple, quick, healthy and delicious.
- 1 (6 1/8 ounce) can tuna in water, canned, drained, flaked
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 slices dark rye bread
- 6 slices pasteurized fat free cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, olives, and thyme; mix lightly.
- For each sandwich, top bread slice with 1/4 cup tuna mixture; cover with slice of cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or broil until cheese melts.
I made this for my dinner tonight and lovedit! Very easy to make and it was very filling. I followed the directions except I added a little chopped onion. I used american cheese. Thanks for sharing.
Great easy lunch! Used whole wheat tortillas, red bell peppers and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Thanks lazyme for a delicious treat!! Made for Photo Tag! :)