Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice hearty soup that goes well with any rainy day! Easy to make and warms your stomach. :)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese tortellini, either fresh, frozen
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed either fresh, frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, cook garlic in margarine over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and tortellini, heat to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 10 min, then add spinach and tomatoes.
- Simmer 5 mins and serve with parmesan cheese.
Simple, tasty and very filling for being meatless and having so few ingredients. And I didn't have to chop and dice and peel, etc. :) Did the chicken broth but going to try it with beef broth, also! A good basic soup that things could be added to if wanted. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
My family loves this recipe. We use chicken broth or beef broth. Both are really good.
Definitely tasty and easy. We used the chicken broth instead of the beef and it tasted really good. It was a little bit spinach-y for my taste, but my husband said it was so pretty looking it would be something we'd make for company. Thanks for a great recipe!