1/1 Photo of Hearty Tomato Soup With Lemon and Rosemary
I saw this prepared on Food Network today and thought I'd post it to try later. Looks yummy for a cold winter evening! (If you can't find creme fraiche locally, mix 1/3 cup of heavy cream with 1/3 cup of sour creme and allow it to come to room temperature) ***I froze the tomato soup, and when I pulled it out of the freezer, I didn't have have the ingredients to make the cream sauce. Instead I chopped some rosemary, zested some lemon, crumbled some bacon, and drizzled a few tablespoons of heavy cream into each bowl. Just as scrumptious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 425.24 g can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary, minced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 158.51 ml creme fraiche
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add the beans, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- 3Puree the soup in a blender in batches, being careful to remove and discard the bay leaf.
- 4Return the soup to a soup pot and keep warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5In a medium bowl fold in the lemon zest and the remaining teaspoon of rosemary to 2/3 cup creme fraiche.
- 6To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and dollop each bowl with the lemon rosemary creme fraiche.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tomato Soup With Lemon and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 1661.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of