Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a soup recipe I use to pack for lunch at the office.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, cut up
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 15 1⁄2 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 11 ounces corn, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Crumble bacon, set aside.
- Heat reserved drippings in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish each serving with crumbled bacon.