Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I threw this soup together the other night using only ingredients I had on hand. It was fabulous, fulfilling, and best of all, cheap to make. Serve with crusty bread and shredded cheddar on top.....and a glass of red wine and a movie! PS You can also add other vegetables to this soup: anything goes!!!
- Saute onions and celery in olive oil cooking spray until onions are translucent.
- Add 1 lb brown lentils, vegetable broth, water and .the cans of tomatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are soft and celery is tender.
- NOTE: I used 8 cups of broth plus one cup water for a thicker soup. If you desire a thinner soup, you may want to add an extra 2 cups of broth if desired.