Recipe by Mille®
I had these for breakfast at a friend's house. They are some of the best pancakes I have eaten. This recipe can be expanded to feed as many as you like!
Top Review by Izzy Knight
Very delightful. It turns out to be somewhere between a pancake and crepe. I like the fact that is uses whole-wheat flour. I made these with the apple butter recipe in recipezaar. Good stuff.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- milk (to thin consistency)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon paprika or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fruit jam or fruit jelly, to taste (strawberry recommended)
- real maple syrup or powdered sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients together to make a thin batter (thinner then regular pancake batter).
- In a hot 12-inch skillet, spread a thin layer of batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook till browned then turn.
- Cook the other side until browned also.
- Spread jam or jelly on pancakes, roll them up, pour maple syrup on them or dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.