1 hr 15 mins
Celeste :)'s Note:
This is one of the best casseroles I have ever made! I got it out of a Southern Living magazine and even the pickiest eaters love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into small pieces (6 in. size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels; set aside.
- 2Saute squash, bell pepper, and onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-heat 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in spinach, chicken, and next 5 ingredients, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 inches baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and bake 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tex-Mex Squash-Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 865.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g