1 hr 10 mins
YUMMY- lots of good veggies in it. Lots of ingredients but well worth the effort. It is now a regular on our "rotation". From Southern Living Favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 medium squash (or mix) or 3 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered (or mix)
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (grocery rotis. works well)
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Drain spinach well- set aside.
- 2Saute squash, onion, bell pepper in hot oil until tender.
- 3Stir together spinach, chicken, tortillas, cream of celery, sour cream, picante sauce, green chillis, fajita seasoning, cooked veggies and 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 4Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tex Mex Squash Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.3
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 970.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 34.4 g