Recipe by naptime4julie
YUMMY- lots of good veggies in it. Lots of ingredients but well worth the effort. It is now a regular on our "rotation". From Southern Living Favorites.
- 1 -10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 medium squash (or mix) or 3 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered (or mix)
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (grocery rotis. works well)
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain spinach well- set aside.
- Saute squash, onion, bell pepper in hot oil until tender.
- Stir together spinach, chicken, tortillas, cream of celery, sour cream, picante sauce, green chillis, fajita seasoning, cooked veggies and 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.