Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fantastic soup! It's easy and it's a one pan meal. I like to switch types of beans, kidney, black, pinto, even black eyed. You can make it hotter, or use less pepper sauce for milder. I like to use the hot pepper flakes when I make mine. I hope you will enjoy this chili soup, and that you make it often.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canned kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) canortega diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageortega taco seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups loose-packed frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
I used this recipe as a base. I added quite a bit of veggies (3 stalks celery, 1 carrot, shallot and garlic) Also used fresh corn and a fresh Anaheim instead of the canned green chile and frozen corn. I didn't have tomato sauce, so used 2 small cans of paste and added a bit extra water... I also only used ground sirloin and black beans as I had no sausage nor kidney beans. Sounds like a lot of changes, but all in all a very similar dinner. Hubby and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks for posting!!!
This was good but better when it sat. I used all ground beef, petite diced tomatoes, 15 ounces of tomato sauce, 15 ounce can of corn and one cup of water. I didn't add the chilies. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I froze some of this for future lunches. This was more of a taco soup then I chili soup to me. I loved it either way.
this is an excellent soup, I made a few changes to this recipe and added the onion and some fresh garlic in with the ground beef/sausage mixture, used my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix also I used chicken broth in place of the water and also added in 1 tablespoon crushed chili flakes, I made this a day ahead to blend/intensify the flavors, I sent this home with my DS in a take-home pac and it was thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for another winner Fluffy!