Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These meat loaf patties are quick to fix and loaded with flavor!
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hot water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 2⁄3 lb lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, hot water and butter. Stir in stuffing mix.
- Shape beef into four thin patties.
- Divide stuffing mixture between two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Place in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon remaining barbecue sauce over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until no pink remains, and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
I had some of my own stuffing (which is a very dry dressing) left over from my latest holiday dinner so used it instead of the mix, the butter & the water indicated here! Once mixed with the BBQ sauce however, it worked just great & we had some great little meatloaves ~ A GREAT CHANGE FROM THE USUAL LOAF, & a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]