Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is great low fat, GREAT tasting bread recipe that is very easy to make. It worked for me even! Super moist, and great tasting - goes great with soups and stews.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Put the buttermilk in a small bowl and whisk in the sugar until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and form a well in the center.
- Pour in the buttermilk mixture and the stout.
- Stir with a wooden spoon just until blended.
- Spray a 9 1/2 loaf pan once lightly with cooking spray and distrube the oil evenly over the surface of the pan.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes, until the loaf begins to separate from the edges of the pan and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.