Recipe by qiltkitty
This is great low fat, GREAT tasting bread recipe that is very easy to make. It worked for me even! Super moist, and great tasting - goes great with soups and stews.
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone-ground rye flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 12 ounces dark heavy-bodied stout beer (Guiness works well)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Put the buttermilk in a small bowl and whisk in the sugar until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and form a well in the center.
- Pour in the buttermilk mixture and the stout.
- Stir with a wooden spoon just until blended.
- Spray a 9 1/2 loaf pan once lightly with cooking spray and distrube the oil evenly over the surface of the pan.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes, until the loaf begins to separate from the edges of the pan and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.