Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great soup that I found on a bag of Mrs. Grass Egg Noodles. I tried it tonight and found it was delicious enough to post for you all to enjoy. Very hearty soup and easy to prepare in one pot.
- 680.38 g lean sirloin steaks or 680.38 g round steaks, cut into cubes (I used stew beef)
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 177.44 ml chopped bell pepper (I used yellow and red)
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1419.54 ml water
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 29.58 ml instant beef bouillon or 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 7.39 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 226.79 g fine egg noodles
- In a large kettle, over medium heat, cook and stir steak, onion, bell peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add water, tomatoes, bouillon, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 40 minutes.
- Add noodles; cook 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
5+ stars for this soup! A simple soup to put together and the flavor is over the top! I used a 2 pound package of stew meat, a yellow pepper, beef broth instead of the water and bouillon, and added some celery that I needed to use before it wilted. The meat for very tender and flavorful, a nice rich broth, and the definitely use the fine egg noodles. Served with mikekey's Grape-Nuts Bread (Abm) #387787 and cant wait to have lunch tomorrow! Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2010.
This was pretty good. I didn't have any bouillon, so I substituted with grill seasoning and salt. I would make it again.
I made this for a small family get-together, and it was a huge hit.