This is a great soup that I found on a bag of Mrs. Grass Egg Noodles. I tried it tonight and found it was delicious enough to post for you all to enjoy. Very hearty soup and easy to prepare in one pot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes (I used stew beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper (I used yellow and red)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon or 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- In a large kettle, over medium heat, cook and stir steak, onion, bell peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add water, tomatoes, bouillon, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 40 minutes.
- Add noodles; cook 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.