Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 1 pound)
- 4 beets, peeled and chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the butter in a large stockpot and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and paprika and saute for about 1 minute, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the stock, potatoes, beets and tomato and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a light simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes and beets are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor in batches and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and garnish with the sour cream and a parsley sprig.
Great soup and must be good for us!!! Spinach...beets. I didn't have enough raw beets for doubling the recipe so I also used some homemade pickled ones. Great color. Served with tzatziki dollop