Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very yummy, hearty Black Bean soup that just seems to stick to your ribs, but not to your thighs! My entire family just loves it.
- 12 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large green peppers or 1 large red peppers or 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/4 ounce) cans fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- olive oil
- Brown sausage in olive oil.
- Add pepper, saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add beans and picante sauce, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.