1/1 Photo of Hearty Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
By the seat of Her pants's Note:
This recipe is simple and delicious! I use Bob's Red Mill Seven Grain Hot Cereal mix in all of my pancake recipes. This adds fiber, whole grain and heartiness! My ten month old scarfs down these cakes, and his fussy older brother can't resist them either! If the batter seems too thick for your liking, add more apple cider to thin it out. I mix my ingredients with a wire whisk and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop them onto an electric griddle. I call these my "Perfect Pancakes" when I omit the pumpkin and apple cider. Great for any occasion! I know you will love them! Going to try them with squash next!
My Private Note
4 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour (I use white whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cereal (Bob's Red Mill Seven Grain Hot Cereal-raw, uncooked)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (I use 1% or almond milk-depending on my mood)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use safflower oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons apple cider (may add more to thin batter)
- 1Warm your griddle to 250-300 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl: add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 7 grain cereal. Mix well.
- 3Add wet ingredients: egg, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, oil and cider.
- 4Whisk well until all ingredients are well incorporated. If batter seems too thin for your liking, please slowly add more apple cider. (or milk).
- 5When you have reached desired consistency and the griddle is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter onto griddle.
- 6Cook cakes until edges change color and undersides are brown. This batter does not bubble as much as traditional pancakes.
- 7Flip cakes and finish cooking on opposite side.
- 8Transfer to plate, add butter, pure maple syrup and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 282.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: