Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband likes a very meaty sauce so I tweaked my mom's famous sauce and he loves it!
Make and share this Hearty Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Brown ground beef and sausage with onion and garlic until browned. Drain.
- Add tomato puree and spices and bay leaf and simmer 1 to 2 hours.
- (of course I never wait that long, but it really sets the flavor! Also I guessed on the amounts for the spices, we usually eyeball it, so adjust to your personal taste.) Enjoy!