Hearty Soup in a jar, colorful kitchen decor and practical gift idea. This hearty soup in a jar recipe is easy to put together and fun to give.
- 1 cup small dried red beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄4 cup dried split peas
- 1⁄4 cup white navy beans
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄3 cup instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- 2⁄3 cup raw brown rice (NOT INSTANT)
- Layer your beans in jar.
- In a small plastic bag, mix bouillon granules, minced onion, basil leaves, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, ginger and bay leaf.
- In another small plastic bag, place rice.
- Attach these hearty soup recipe instructions to the jar:.
- Hearty Soup Recipe.
- To prepare, wash beans and place in a 3-quart saucepan with 6 cups water.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain beans and return to pan.
- Add package of seasonings with 8 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add rice and continue simmering until beans and rice are tender 45 minutes.
- Serves 6.