Recipe by Elizabeth H.
This delicious recipe sticks to the ribs and will please the whole family. My own personal version of the traditional English classic. High altitude tested.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- to taste ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 5 cups soft mashed potatoes, real or instant
- to taste paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Add onion and celery and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Add peas and toss gently.
- In a bowl, combine the two cans of soup, worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, pepper, milk and water.
- Whisk until well-mixed.
- (Should be the consistency of gravy.) Add soup mixture to beef mixture and stir well.
- Pour beef mixture into greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Gently spoon (or pipe) mashed potatoes over all.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned and beef mixture is bubbly.