Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good recipe that I used when I had some yellow squash that I didn't know what I wanted to put in. This recipe is easily adaptable for anyone's favorite vegetables/meats. I really enjoyed it, as did my husband. This recipe was obtained from Woman's Day magazine. Good stuff! Enjoy! :)
- 8 ounces sweet reduced-fat Italian sausage (pork)
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese (or favorite pizza cheese)
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared pizza crust
- 3⁄4 cup bottled marinara sauce or 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Have baking sheet ready.
- Bring sausages and 1/4 cup water to boil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Uncover and cook until sausages are browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut both squashes and zucchini diagonally in 1/2 inch think slices, and bell pepper in rings; shred cheese. Place pizza crust on baking sheet; spread sauce evenly over crust.
- Wipe skillet clean. Heat 1 TBSP oil. Add squashes and zucchini and saute 6-8 minutes until browned and tender. Saute pepper rings in remaining 1 tsp oil until browned and tender.
- Slice sausages; place on pizza along with the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is hot.