Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful blend of unique items that make for a hearty dinner in an hour or less. This recipe makes two 8 serving casseroles so it usually makes one for dinner tonight and one for the freezer or one for a friend! I believe this recipe is from A Taste of Home.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a dutch oven, combine the soup, sour cream and blue cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles, sausage, mushrooms, pimientos and green pepper.
- Transfer to two greased 3 quart baking dishes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly.