Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sausage and bean casserole. Quick, tasty and good.
Make and share this Hearty Sausage and Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and drain sausage. Add onions, carrots and bell pepper, cook until tender. Stir in flour till smooth. Slowly stir in milk, stirring til mixture thickens and boils. Stir in worcestershire and sage.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, combine beans and sausage mixture. Bake, at 350F, uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This was a huge hit with the family! Instead of hamburger macaroni thing, it was sausage bean thing. We did agree that it wanted starch underneath - i think rice, they think macaroni but i tremendously dislike beans & macaroni in the same dish and since I;m the cook....heh heh heh, I doubled this using bulk sausage - 1 sweet, 1 hot. NO LEFTOVERS. Another reason to serve it over rice! (there's only 4 of us!) Delicious & simple. Thank you! Made for PAC Spring '12.