Recipe by T Momma
A chunky. fresh tomato sauce is served over a rich and savory seafood pie. This recipe calls for canned salmon but tuna can also be used. This is a recipe from my Land O Lakes cookbook which is simply the best for homemade anything. It's great for company or just a family meal.
Top Review by lilysmom1
I have made this for many occasions. I like it best when I make it with grilled salmon. We also like alot of sauce, so I always triple it. This is the best recipe for Salmon Pie that I have ever tasted. My husband works in a meat department and he has given this recipe at least 50 times.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed dried, crumbly style, herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups crushed dried, crumbly style, herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces red salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed 1/2-inch ripe tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In 3qt saucepan melt butter. Stir in 3/4c finely crushed stuffing. Press stuffing mixture on bottom and up sides of greased 9" pie pan; set aside.
- In same saucepan stir together all filling ingredients; spoon into crust.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minute or until heated through; let stand 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, in 2qt saucepan melt 1/3 c butter. Stir in cornstarch. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients except tomatoes. Cook over med heat stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (5-7 min).
- Add tomatoes; boil 1 minute.
- To serve, cut pie into 6 wedges; serve sauce over wedges.