1/2 Photos of Hearty Salmon Chowder - American
Mr Jackson's Note:
I found this on the net at www.soupsong.com. It came out pretty good. It could use a few tweeks. You'll have to decide. The recipe seems a little too quick, I would at a little more time for the flavors to meld together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups fish stock or 6 cups seafood stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 4 waxy red potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed (in one smooth slice with a boning knife, holding on to one side of the skin and cutting away from th)
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fennel leaves, minced
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat, stir in the onion, fennel, and garlic, cover, and sweat for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in the flour and let cook on low for a minute or two. S.
- 3tir in the stock and let thicken a bit.
- 4Add the bay leaf, hot pepper sauce, and potatoes, cover, and let cook until the potatoes are barely tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the fish, corn, and parsley, partially cover, and let simmer 10 more minutes.
- 6Remove the bay leaf.
- 7Stir in the cream, season to taste with salt, pepper, and more hot pepper sauce. B.
- 8ring just to a boil.
- 9When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with the minced fennel fronds.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Salmon Chowder - American
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 783.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 39.2 g