Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice winter treat!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 diced carrots
- 6 stalks diced celery
- 2 quarts water
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes, carrots and celery in water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid and setting vegetables aside.
- In the same kettle, saute onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper; gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Gently stir in cooked vegetables.
- Add 1 cup or more of reserved cooking liquid until soup is dersired consistency.