Recipe by lvandevoort
This is one of my favorite potato soups. It came out of a church cook book and the recipe came from a lady named Julie Wing.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 2 quarts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle cook potatoes, carrots, and celery in water until tender, about 20 minute.
- Drain, reserving liquid and setting vegetables aside.
- In the same kettle, sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and cumin; gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gently stir in cooked vegetables.
- Add 1 cup or more of reserved cooking liquid until soup is desired consistency.