Recipe by Mille®
Have it YOUR way! Make it as spicy or as bland as you like. Add or omit vegetables as you please. Come back for seconds - it's low in sodium,
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh onion
- 1 stalk fresh celery
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1 fresh carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium beef broth (or other very low sodium beef bouillon powder, or 1 cup homemade beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon Cremora
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 sausage patty
- 2 sausage links (lowest sodium content that you can find)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage.
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan and add the cooked sausage.
- Peel and chop the potatoes then add to the water.
- Add the vegetables (chopped or minced) that you enjoy, add as many of each as you would like.
- Add the spices that you enjoy.
- Add the beef stock and Cremora (adds a nice creamy taste).
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Put the milk into a cup, add the flour and mix, and pour this mixture into your soup.