Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Have it YOUR way! Make it as spicy or as bland as you like. Add or omit vegetables as you please. Come back for seconds - it's low in sodium,
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh onion
- 1 stalk fresh celery
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1 fresh carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium beef broth (or other very low sodium beef bouillon powder, or 1 cup homemade beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon Cremora
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 sausage patty
- 2 sausage links (lowest sodium content that you can find)
- Cook the sausage.
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan and add the cooked sausage.
- Peel and chop the potatoes then add to the water.
- Add the vegetables (chopped or minced) that you enjoy, add as many of each as you would like.
- Add the spices that you enjoy.
- Add the beef stock and Cremora (adds a nice creamy taste).
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Put the milk into a cup, add the flour and mix, and pour this mixture into your soup.
This is a great soup! I used a little more celery, and added 2T minced green pepper. The Creamora was a really good addition, added a creamy texture.
Nice on a cold evening - family loved it. For me a bit more spice would have been better but that is the cross I bear. Have to make it for everyone not just me. Will definitely make again. Thanks