Forget everything you thought you knew about potato soup! This is the real deal: creamy, chunky and flavorful! Perfect for cool fall and winter days. High altitude tested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/8" rounds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
- 1Combine first six ingredients in medium saucepan.
- 2Add sufficient water to cover vegetables, if necessary.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- 4Remove garlic clove.
- 5Add evaporated milk and spices.
- 6Simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- 8Garnish with chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat chicken broth