Recipe by Elizabeth H.
Forget everything you thought you knew about potato soup! This is the real deal: creamy, chunky and flavorful! Perfect for cool fall and winter days. High altitude tested.
Top Review by Tebo
I followed this pretty well as is and I just did not get much in the way of flavour from it. It was very bland. Even after adding liquid heat to it, it still just did not have what I was looking for. Maybe it needs the full fat cream!!!
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/8" rounds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first six ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Add sufficient water to cover vegetables, if necessary.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Remove garlic clove.
- Add evaporated milk and spices.
- Simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.